Saturday, October 28, 2006

Afaq Moha and the ADB

From : afaq moha
Reply-To : afq_mohammad1@yahoo.fr
Sent : Saturday, October 28, 2006 5:43 AM
Subject : partnership!!!



FROM THE DESK OF MR AFAQ MOHAMMAD
MANAGER BILL AND EXCHANGE.
AFRICA DEVELOPMENT BANK.(A.D.B)
OUAGADOUGOU,BURKINA FASO.
WEST AFRICA.


Dear Sir,/Madam,

I know that this message will come to you as a surprise. I am the bill and exchange manager of Africa Development Bank (ADB), Ouagadougou Burkina faso.
*the ADB has offices in Tunisia, Cote d'Ivoire, Addids Ababa and Cairo. Apparently not in Burkina Faso. They did, however, have a meeting there once.* I Hoped that you will not expose or betray this trust and confident that i am about to repose on you for the mutual benefit of our both families. I need your urgent assistance in transferring the sum of ($12.5)million to your account within 10 or 14 banking days. This money has been dormant for years in our Bank without claim.

I want the bank to release the money to you as the nearest person to our deceased customer(the owner of the account)died along with his supposed next of kin *that's convienient* in an air crash since July 2000. I don't want the money to go into our Bank treasurer as an abandoned fund. So this is the reason why i contacted you so that the bank can release the money to you as the next of kin to the deceased customer. *I am the next of kin? I had family in Africa? I did? I who has skin as white as skimmed milk have relatives that used to by yummy chocolate brown?* Please I would like you to keep this proposal as a top secret and delete it if you are not interested. *top secret? you didn't tell me my relatives died!!*

Upon receipt of your reply i will give you full details on how the business will be executed and also, note that you will have 25% of the above mentioned sum if you agree to handle this business with me. *you'll give me 25% of the money that is rightfully mine?!? You just told me my beloved relative die, now you want to run off with my money?!?* Waiting to hear from you.

Thanks
Yours truly,
AFAQ MOHAMMAD(A.D.B)




I sent an email back telling whoever sent this to get better addresses than hotmail and yahoo - it's just too obvious.

Wait.... maybe I should have sent an email back saying I agreed and am willing to help... I'd love to see what happened next.... crap...


Oh well... I found a little on the African Development Bank though;

Focus AfDB Endorses Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative (EITI)

The Bank’s endorsement of the Initiative is expected
to help resolve one of the most striking paradoxes of the
African continent where countries with vast mineral
wealth are among the poorest in the world. Fourteen of
the 22 countries around the globe that have joined the
EITI are in Africa. The donor partners of the EITI include
the G8, and Norway.


The most powerful countries in the world and us.
That's kinda cool. We're being nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Please leave your name in the dropdown box.