Which is why it sucks when you stop by to pick up a few items and realize they're out of the most basic things. Or you find things that expired one year(!) ago.
Take today. These things were on my list but I had to leave without them;
- Parmesan (expiration date of 4 months - should have more in stock)
- Orange juice (expiration date of 1 year, no refrigeration)
- Canned tomatoes (how do you run out of things in cans??)
- Canned tuna (the expiration date is like ten years away!)
- Toilet paper (...no comment)
- Chocolate-cake chocolate (all expired a year ago!)
- Fresh basil (one left, looked like it had a rash, poor thing)
- Spinach (they rarely have this, and never get it when they say they will)
Am I the only one who finds this puzzling? I understand it might bug me more than the next person, having practically grown up in a grocery store and learnt that this is absolutely unacceptable, but come on!
Supply and demand people, it ain't that hard!