Thursday, May 12, 2005

My little heart

Today my heart broke. It came as a complete surprise, I didn't expect it to happen but it did. There were no signs, no warnings. You would think you'd see flashing lights and sirens for such a thing but no, there was nothing, just warm drops running gently down my cheeks.

I was in the shower when my necklace got caught on the sponge-like thing. It keeps doing that and I just ripped it off, it would take too long to untangle it. Then I saw a little circle.. thing on the floor. It was the thing that attached my heart, my darling little heart, to the chain around my neck. I looked everywhere, realizing my heart had broken but hoping it wasn't lost.

Not a lot of people see that heart. I've been told it's "simple" but I love it. I don't remember how I got it I just know I've had it for a long time. I don't wear my heart on my sleeve, so to speak, whenever I wear it, I keep my heart hidden under my sweater. Hide it so nobody knows I have one.

I found the pieces, now I'll try to put them back together. I'm relieved I realized what happened. It's so much better knowing how and when and why rather than just being left hanging, not knowing what happened or where my heart went off to.

Now I'll put it where no one can find it. Somewhere safe where it can't be touched. I don't want to have my heart broken again.

3 comments:

  1. Your metaphor cuts like a knife.
    (That's a simile)

    If you do hide your heart, make sure you remember where you put it. Nothing feels worse than breaking something, fixing it, and then losing it by accident.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not selling.

    My point was that I think it's better to rip it off like that and know how it happened rather than just to realize later it had disappeared and never know why.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:44 PM

    Annie ? Are you okies ?
    Come see me, I worry.

    ReplyDelete


Please leave your name in the dropdown box.