Thursday, May 19, 2005

apples revealed

All your 'apple'-related questions answered.


Many years ago I was in a chat room. It was a room on a webpage where we had email accounts, message boards, like a little community with groups of friends.

One day when I was in one of the chat rooms we were talking about famous people whose first and last names started with the same letter. I asked;

"alright, my name is Anne; what should my last name be?"

"Apple"

and that's how apples was born.

The reason it's stuck with with me until now, years later, is probably that I got a new hotmail address not too long afterwards. I'd never wanted a hotmail address, I had one a few years before that but it was just too 'typical', everybody had it so I didn't want to.

Then came MSN. I needed an address and I guess you, like most people, know from experience how hard it is to get the address you want when 200 million people(or thereabouts...) have already signed up. So after a while I landed on anne_o_apple, which wasn't taken.

The apple thing just stayed there in my address for a while and I'm not sure what happened. I've probably got so many questions about the 'apple(s)' that it was the first thing that came to mind when I started this blog last year. Applestories was a fact.


Apples is a confident Moonbeam.
But that's another story.

3 comments:

  1. Well, you've dug yourself into another story. Now you're going to have to tell us about how "an apple" can be a "confident moonbeam."

    I look forward to reading it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jason - check your msn log. One of the sentences I found was this:

    [partly censored]

    "i'm holding my **** and calling ur name
    anne
    anne"

    I know I have no right to post this here but I felt I it would begin to explain a few of your comments and my replies earlier.


    Raine - I'll see what I can do :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's just...

    I think Jason just made the lightspeed leap from "ignored" to blocked.

    ReplyDelete


Please leave your name in the dropdown box.