Thursday, August 04, 2005

Guys are stupid.

Boys are stupid. Boys are boys.

Guys are stupid. And for those who say they are men, not guys:

Men are stupid!

Sometimes they're stupid because of what they say, sometimes because of what they don't say. Sometimes they say something they shouldn't, other times you can't make them talk to you no matter what you do.

Stupid as in mean, not stupid as in not smart. Well...

As the woman I am, I'll say what all women are supposed to say.
It's not what you said, it's how you said it.


From a conversation between an 21 year old male and a 20 year old female:


Greg: what are you doing?
apples: nothing much
Greg: i had oral sex yesterday
apples: she broken up with her bf yet?
Greg: nope, this is another one
apples: oh so it's not the girl you love, it's another one
apples: that's nice
Greg: yeah
Greg: this one has huge boobs
apples: and?
Greg: delicious

(...)
apples: what about the other girl?
apples: you still like her?
Greg: yes
Greg: a lot
apples: so why have sex with another girl?

Greg: just oral sex
apples: still sex
Greg: i don't know
apples: does the girl you like know you have oral sex with the girl with big boobs?
Greg: the other wanted to and i didn't say no
(...)
apples: does she, the girl you like, have oral sex with other guys?
Greg: she has a bf
apples: does she have oral sex with the gay guy? [they, Greg and the girl he likes, thinks her boyfriend is gay]
Greg: i don't think so
apples: does she have oral sex with other guys?
Greg: not that i know of
apples: would you mind if she did?
Greg: yeah
apples: so let me get this straight...
apples: you like this girl a lot, correct?
apples: you only want to have sex with someone if you really love her
apples: you want to have sex with this girl
Greg: yes
apples: you don't want her to have sex, even oral sex, with anyone else
apples: so you have oral sex with someone else instead

Greg: yeah
apples: hm


[five minutes later]

Greg: i feel bad



Now, Greg is a nice guy. I don't know him too well but he's always sweet. The conversation with him wasn't what made me think guys are stupid, it was only what made all the thoughts in my head line up behind each other, form the picture that I now see.

It's all so ridiculously easy.

I'm not gonna say anything about sex here, even though that was the track the conversation turned onto. I should know better than criticizing anyone about that.

It's just the casual attitude everything is received with. Then it's stop and think and "oops.." a little later. Think before you act!

But not even that is what made me think guys are #%&$@£¤!!

If someone says something you don't like to hear, if someone is angry with you or you're arguing, if someone is in your face bugging you so all you want to do is punch them in the mouth, there's one thing that is good about all these scenarios. The person is there. Maybe right next to you, maybe holding a phone on the other side of the city, maybe behind a computer screen in another country. But the person is there, and you can talk. Communication.

Maybe the talking becomes more like screaming and shouting, but at least you're communicating in some way. It's harder when you can't do that. When the person can't or doesn't want to talk to you.

One of the reasons I never tell anyone how I feel is that I don't want anyone to know how I feel, in case it's just stupid, in case it ends bad, or in case... in case of anything and everything. Another reason is that when I start talking, I say too much. I feel too much. It's always too much. People can't handle that. Just like now, I'm thinking I feel things I shouldn't. I know I do, and I've tried not to. I've tried to stop thinking, I've tried to stop feeling. I thought I was on my way there a couple months ago but no luck. Just a slap in the face and back into an imagined reality.

I know I'm walking in circles. Please ignore the first half of this post. I'm just thinking too much. And I'm angry. In a very calm way. And frustrated. And annoyed. And... confused. How do you know if someone doesn't want to talk to you, just doesn't care that much whether they talk to you or not, or if they really can't talk to you, for reasons they can't control? How much can you really trust someone?


Guys are stupid.
See how easy it is, when you don't understand something, just to put a label on it?
Stupidity.

"Don't generalize."
I know

7 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:36 AM

    well let me be the first to comment on this,

    i still love ya, no mather how u feel towards me or my gender.

    not all guys r stupid or mean.

    most of us men just try to blend in nicely. and we do care.

    Sandman

    ReplyDelete
  2. Am I stupid? I can be. I strive not to, but I can be.

    It's not possible, once the valves are open, to stop the heart from feeling. Believe me, I've tried. There is no way to stop the feelings, without losing some of your decency. It's cruel to even try.

    Communication is a two way street, something I should have learned two years ago, before I found out that my voice was a soundless one. I know when there's communication.

    You can see it in their eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:36 AM

    Annie Oakley, I think I might have been at one time or another the stupidest male you ever spoke to, but i try to do the right thing, maybe it's just a male thing, I know I love you in my own way regardless of what anyone thinks about me or you, kisses from big ted. you think too much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous8:14 PM

    u feeling ok apples??

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm always ok :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous9:26 PM

    "One of the reasons I never tell anyone how I feel is that I don't want anyone to know how I feel, in case it's just stupid, in case it ends bad, or in case... in case of anything and everything. Another reason is that when I start talking, I say too much. I feel too much. It's always too much. People can't handle that."

    I say give it a try.
    You say communication is important and good. You say

    "Maybe the talking becomes more like screaming and shouting, but at least you're communicating in some way. It's harder when you can't do that. When the person can't or doesn't want to talk to you."

    But at the same time you're saying that you don't want to tell anyone how you feel.
    So how do you think that makes them feel?

    If you want to understand someone, you're dependent on them talking to you, and telling you how they feel.
    And that's also the case when someone wants to understand you.

    ReplyDelete


Please leave your name in the dropdown box.