Friday, August 26, 2005

Wake me up before you go-go

I've been having all kinds of strange dreams lately. I never dream. Well, we all dream but I never usually remember any of them. I just sleep, then I wake up. But these past weeks, months, they've been packed with weird, unsettling dreams.

I woke up very early this morning and I went back to sleep. I had a dream about a big cabin. My family was there, or at least they were supposed to be my family, I just remember telling my brother something about a hotel in France and this was supposed to be it. But it was a cabin of some sort, a real big one.

Someone was at the door, some guys. They were talking about something and they never seemed to finish. They'd said they wanted to ask something or borrow something, and after a while I told them to tell me what they wanted, if they were just going to talk, I'd go back inside. They kept talking, I closed the door.


Skip forward to a house, big windows, a pool outside. A little girl is swimming in the pool. I'm watching from the other side. At the same time, I'm this guy coming over to the pool. I am him but at the same time I'm just observing. He tells the girl to come quickly, I have a feeling the guys from the cabin are after him. The girl gets out of the pool and they go inside.

Again I feel I'm him, but I'm just watching. He's getting the girl inside, but he's walking in front of her, looking around. I keep thinking; why is he walking in front of her? Wouldn't I have pushed her in front of me to get her inside as fast as possible to make sure she was safe? I can feel he's scared.

They both get inside but now I no longer see the guy, I'm him or he's me. I close the glass door just as the guys come. I've locked it, one of them is coming up, standing inches away from me on the other side of a thin sheet of glass. He puts his hand to his face, putting his middle finger up in front of my eyes. They go around the house. I wonder why they didn't break the glass, wonder what they want.

There are others in the house, they must be the girl's parents. I know them. There's another door, I remember locking one. Then there's another, the front door, that's locked. A minute or two passes. Then a key in the lock. They had a key. For some reason this isn't surprising. They come inside, say not to worry, they just want to call a taxi.

I'm sitting by a table. There's meat on the table... it's shaped like a big jar, but it's in some kind of fabric with a thin rope around the top. It's standing at the end of the table, right next to me. I don't know if I do this or if it's one of the guys, but someone pulls the rope, making the fabric pull up like a little bag, almost closing it but not quite. Some of the meat comes out of the top, some water with it. It makes me feel uncomfortable, I want to clean up what spilled and wash my hands.

Then one of the guys has a gun. I think what would happen if he put it to the meat, we'd have to watch our legs under the table, if he did that, would we all watch our legs so we wouldn't get shot? He puts the gun on top of the little bag of meat and pulls the trigger. There's a hole in the meat. I don't know where the bullet went.

Then I wake up.


I don't know what these dreams mean. And I don't really mind having them. They're not nightmares, they just make me think. Breathe a little faster as I wake up. Think a little more before I go to sleep.

Don't think I've dreamt about guns before though...

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:08 AM

    Internet
    Further expanding beyond its roots in Internet search, Google Inc. plans to launch a long-rumored program Wednesday that provides both text instant messaging and computer-to-computer voice chat.
    Nice post

    you may be interested in my site about tropical fish

    You can check it out by clicking the link here tropical fish

    ReplyDelete
  2. got it this morning, it's cute and simple...


    ...so long and thanks for all the fish?

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh bump the lot of you...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shit, you too, huh? I just turned off anonymous posting, and that seemed to solve the problem for the time being.

    I had a dream last night that I was locked in a big metal tower, with huge glass windows that looked outwards. It was a big tower, lots of elevation. There were no doors, and the windows were heavy plastic, and being the scrawny twerp that I am, I couldn't break them.

    Must've been a full moon last night, or something.

    ReplyDelete


Please leave your name in the dropdown box.