Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Confidently beautiful

I know we're all supposed to be confident and don't care what others say and be happy about ourselves and the way we look no matter what.

No wait, that was last year...

This year we're supposed to change diets constantly and complain that our butts look big. We should eat meat and no carbs and of course no sugar, but then there are carbs in vegetables so we can't eat lettuce. We should be vulnerable this year, not confident. Or maybe that was just last winter...

I know for a fact we were supposed to be confident this spring because then the fashion was girls with hairy legs just to say "we don't care".

Any wonder we get confused??

The easiest thing is just not to care. I used to hate myself for the way I looked. Then I realized there's no point, I just felt miserable for years and nothing good ever came out of it. So I just stopped right there and then. That was about five years ago and I've never looked back.

But come on, look at this picture. Click, check it out, say what you want but wow! This is from the Cape Town Fasion Week, outfit made by students of the Houte Couture School of Fashion Cape Town. At first I just noticed it because the nipple trend (which seemed to start at Galliano's fashion show earlier this year) is still going strong.

There was just something that struck me about this picture. It coule be the green against her brown skin, it could be the thing on her head, her big belt or it could simply be the necklace nestled between her breasts. Whatever it is, it's a gorgeous picture. And how can one not worry when one constantly sees pictures like these?

I, however, refuse to do so. Yeah right... At least you'll never hear me ask the oh so infamous question;

"Does my butt look big in this?"

No comments:

Post a Comment


Please leave your name in the dropdown box.