Wednesday, August 10, 2005

A Student

The past days I've been trying to figure out why I'm still registered at the Psychology faculty at the University of Bergen, and not at the thing I'm supposed to be registered at now. It said I would study the exact same thing as last year, which isn't any kind of correct. I paid the registration fee to the Student Organization and today it had finally come through, I'm registered in the right place (but at the Psych faculty aswell) and my loan has come through.

I read a bit more about it since now I'm able to see it 'from the inside', and it turns out that in two years, I'll most likely be heading off to South Africa, India, Peru, Ecuador, Uganda or China for a year. Those are the six we can choose from. Maybe my inexplicable dream of going to South Africa will actually come true? I'll have to stay here for four semesters which might be tough (I'd like to go abroad sooner) but the staying in one of those countries would give me the chance to see something completely different from what I'm used to.

I'm going to start Development Studies, starting with economy of countries in the south and geography. I realized that if I do this for three years and get a bachelor degree, I'll be 23 (almost 24) by the time I finish. That's not too old. After high school I spent a year in France not studying at all, then I had my one year course of psychology which I'd just like to forget all about. Now, two years after high school, I'm starting a bachelor degree. I just hope I can stick it out.

I used to worried about messing around too much, wasting time. But when I came home here this summer my parents told me what my classmates from five years ago were up to and I realized half of them actually live at home, having a job in town or somewhere close. Then I went to meet some of them and apparently I'm not the only one who doesn't know what to do with my life.

It's all starting over again.
I'll do it right this time.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous12:47 PM

    time is a relative term .. every moment teaches something ...

    ReplyDelete


Please leave your name in the dropdown box.