Saturday, August 27, 2005

Saturday night stuff

I had another dream. Well.. I had two.

The first one was a really good one, I woke up smiling. I never wake up smiling.

The second one was annoying, someone helped me, then wouldn't leave me alone. It's best never to need anyone. Never ever.


There's a party in the building tonight. I went down for a while, there was supposed to be a quiz then pizza. It was boring, people were drinking, the quiz wasn't happening so I left. It's been a while since I did a quiz, which is too bad. I like questions.

I like having my facts straight.


Also I was watching a show today. I'm never gonna marry a rich guy. The more money you have, the more you expect. Unrealistic expectations. If I want money, I'm gonna make them myself.

I realize that this is a terrible generalization. It was just my instant reaction and usually my first reaction is the right one.

3 comments:

  1. Terrible generalization or no, I think you've got it right.

    Money en masse just seems to inspire greater greed in people. Whether it be for material things, people, sex, whatever. Those who have lots will always want more.

    I'd be inclined to disagree with you about needing people, but after thinking about it for a few minutes, I can see you're right. It's better to be able to get through living on your own means, rather than having to resort to someone elses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It just sucks when you end up hating the fact that you need that someone...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen. There is perhaps no worse circular logic.

    People make a big fuss out of going it alone, and yes, life does get lonely. But relying on someone for something... anything, just leads to trouble.

    I've wanted to say that we all need someone, but that's a lie I've been trying to grow out of. We're growing people. We've got to learn to stand alone before we stand together.

    ReplyDelete


Please leave your name in the dropdown box.