Wednesday, November 24, 2004

November 24th

One month till Christmas. One week till December.

My teddy bear will go to the kindergarten tomorrow. One of my roommates is studying to become a preschool teacher and she has been in the kindergarten for a month. She asked me earlier if I had a teddy bear, she was going to read a story about a bear tomorrow and she wanted one to hold up while she was reading. She did promise that they wouldn't play with it though, she was just going to keep it in a bag. Yeah right, show kids toy and expect them not to want to play with it, in what kinda world is that possible? It's good though, it doesn't get to play much, just lying on my pillow with its three little friends during the day, and in my arms during the night.

I'm putting Christmas songs on my mp3 player, good to have it done, but I can only transfer about half of them. I wonder what's wrong with the others... could be that there's something to protect them or something so that I can listen to them on the computer but not on the mp3 player. That's strange though because it's not legal to download songs, but it's legal to put your songs onto cds, minidiscs, mp3 players etc... Anyways... It is a bit early to start listening to Christmas songs but I'm just doing it while I put them on here.

'Nöel, c'est l'amour' is on. What's this with Christmas songs in French? Those of you who speak English might never understand this, but a Christmas song isn't a Christmas song. I can hear all kinds of Christmas songs in English and they're nice and make me think of Christmas. But when I hear one in Norwegian... it's like I'm a kid again. Christmas carols in English are becoming more popular, but those in Norwegian, the same ones I've been listening to since I was born, the songs we had on cassettes, messing around with when making gingerbread cookies (no gingerbread cookie making without Christmas songs) will never be replaced. It's really not just that it's the same songs, it's that it's the same language from back when it was the only one I knew. They're special.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Please leave your name in the dropdown box.