Sunday, November 07, 2004

Comme une image

Feel good film in French. Well it wasn't really, but it was anyway. I really liked it.

But... It did remind me of what French guys are like. I didn't realize until now that... French guys are cute. That they are, no doubt. But there's just this whole...thing. Like... being sensitive... like slow movements, looking into your eyes. Touching you, saying "it's okay" or just holding their hand on your back. Watch this film and you'll know what I'm talking about, you don't see this in films from any other countries. I noticed it when I was in France, but it didn't really strike me until today. Made me feel uncomfortable at first, and I realized it made me uncomfortable back then as well.

Maybe it's not just French guys that make me feel uncomfortable? But they sure do act different from other guys. Not to generalize, they're as different as anyone, but I guess it's a cultural thing. Cultural differences.

Could be that it's intimacy in any way that makes me feel uncomfortable. I haven't really ever been close to anyone and maybe I just instinctively pull away. I.. I just remembered that I wrote here not long ago that 'some people you just instinctively trust'. That's strange, because I can trust people, just not their feelings, not their instincts. I can't even tell someone I love talking to them, what's that all about?

Wonder why I am like this. I wonder why it started. I wonder if I'll ever change.
You never know - anything can happen.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:07 AM

    Don't say that to americans. Americans seem to love the Brits more! LOL. Oh well, what do I care, no one likes Indians it seems. Every culture is so different that it seems you have to completely shed your prejudices and untrain your mind, feelings, understanding in order to see it like the people of that culture see it or maybe this is still impossible to do. We would never be able to understand why so much differences exist from one culture to another and from one time to another. We are often too quick to paint everything with a single brush of our prejudice something about others and I just think we should be more careful about that... Anyhow... As promised I am leaving a comment, not sure if making sense though...
    - looking

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:26 AM

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. glad you said that... I didn't have a clue what French guys were like when I went there a year ago, didn't even think about it. having been around them for nine months, it was a change to come back here, and I think this film just... made me remember, in a way. Norwegian guys and French guys (and American and British for that matter) are different, both in that every person is different, but also because of what we learn when we grow up, ways of behaviour.

    dunno how my comment came out as 'anonymous' this time so I deleted it... trying again... (I've never deleted a comment before, not planning on starting now)

    ReplyDelete


Please leave your name in the dropdown box.