Monday, November 08, 2004

Heia Brann, Heia Brann!

I just got home after welcoming back the city's football team Brann (or soccer if you like). They were playing the cup finals against Oslo team Lyn today, ang guess what? They won!! This city loves their team, as they should, and the city is boiling. Apparantly the team hasn't won much for a while, and now they got gold! They put up a stage, and I could hear people singing when I got up the hill on the other side of the bridge. Someone was playing, everything was red and white. I'm not very tall, but I'm kinda... invisible, so after standing in the back for a while, I tried to find a way to the front. I got almost all the way there, but there were still lots of tall people in front of me.

The team was a little late coming back, but when they finally came on stage, the crowd exploded. The team song was sung over and over (I don't know it, didn't understand much today either..) and they came on stage one by one. The two last ones were the captains, carrying the trophy. I didn't see any of this, I just saw some heads up there, but I don't know who they belonged to.

It was raining a little, as it always does, but it wasn't like anyone could notice. Tiny little drops blowing in the wind, almost like teeny tiny snowflakes. It didn't really rain... it snowed rain.


I think I lost a friend tonight. He didn't much like reading my blog, had to almost force him to do it just once, so I'm sure he doesn't mind me writing about him. Now.. lost a friend. We've known each other for almost a year and there was something about him that set him apart from everyone else. Always nice, apart from when he got a little quiet or jumped at something, then apologizing afterwards. Talking about life or his parrots. Always timing my toilet breaks. Always putting Aussie words into sentences so I wouldn't understand them. I just noticed that I've started using 'okie' instead of 'ok'. He even showed me an x-ray of his back!

But... apparantly I told him he's mysterious, and he said I was judging him. Now he thinks things have changed, that they'll never be the same, and we better say goodbye.

But (again)... no. It doesn't work that way. It's not going to work that way. A friend is a friend, and you don't give up on them.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:13 PM

    One has to wonder that if he knew you spoke about him on this site in that fashion would he be okie about it or would he again think he was being judged?
    This is just the inane ramblings of an aussie with a bad back.No i will not show you anymore x-rays anymore. My fault for thinking you wanted to see. Shane appears to be learning things at a rapid pace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:13 PM

    One has to wonder that if he knew you spoke about him on this site in that fashion would he be okie about it or would he again think he was being judged?
    This is just the inane ramblings of an aussie with a bad back.No i will not show you anymore x-rays anymore. My fault for thinking you wanted to see. Shane appears to be learning things at a rapid pace.

    ReplyDelete


Please leave your name in the dropdown box.