Monday, November 08, 2004

My aunt - a doc

Yesterday my aunt called me. She's my mum's youngest sister, and she lives here in Bergen. She invited me to some sort of do because she has just finished her work for her PhD in psychology. In the beginning of December there will be a formal thing where professors and people are going to ask her critical questions concerning her work. Then she will have a dinner for family, friends and people who have helped her.

I won't know anyone there except her and her boyfriend, and my cousin and his wife. Our relatives, my mother's family, don't travel much, they stay up north, close to home. My mum has 5 brother and 4 sisters, and 6 of them still live within an hour of where they were born. Only two boys settled down even further north, and my mum and my aunt went south.

Anyways, my aunt said I might be able to understand what it's all about a little better than many of the others, she's a doctor in psychology now (yay!), and I'm studying the subject myself. High hopes for me here... It's December 3rd, I think, and I'm sure it'll be a lot of fun. She really 'underlined' the part about it being a formal thing on the phone, probably worried I'll show up in my green mini skirt or something.

My aunt has finished her studies (no one really knew she was still studying) and now she's a doctor! I'm proud of her!

No comments:

Post a Comment


Please leave your name in the dropdown box.