Monday, January 31, 2005

Insomnia

I can't sleep!

Yesterday (or this morning) I went to bed at 3:30am. I rolled around, tossed and turned, closed my eyes and opened them again, could not sleep. At 6am, two hours before my alarm was set to go off, I made a cup of chamomile tea and sat down to read something I wrote a couple of weeks ago. I hoped that when I'd had some tea and read something dreadfully boring, I might fall asleep. No such luck. At 8 I was still awake. Couldn't bring myself to get out of bed so I stayed put for another hour.

At 9 I pulled myself out of bed and into the shower, got dressed, had breakfast and left. I had classes at 10, two hours of Methods of Research then two of Developmental Psychology. Luckily the professors we have in those classes can be rather entertaining at times. I sat on about the seventh row today, as opposed to the last two weeks when I've been way in the back, about row 25 (I'm always a little late). I actually got to see the professors today and the guy in Methods was actually kinda cute! Who knew?

I hate not being able to sleep... Sometimes my feet get cold between going to the bathroom and getting into bed (they probably turn to ice while I put on my pj's). I don't notice it until I'm in bed and then there's nothing I can do. I can't sleep when my feet are cold. That's what happened the night before last, I law awake for three hours, feet freezing, too many thoughts in my head. I had too many thoughts in my head last night aswell. Good thoughts though...

And I've been having strange dreams... Well, only two, but I usually never have dreams. The first was about meeting an old man sitting in a chair at the hairdresser's, he had killed two people and I didn't have a clue what to say to him. I think I know why I had this dream, I scared myself a little and I realized I should stop worrying, there's nothing to worry about, what's the worst that can happen? The next night I had a dream that lasted just a few seconds, a few images, like a movie. I don't remember what it was about but it seemed like two scenes from something familar. First one thing, then another. Something changing... Last night I didn't dream anything. I didn't sleep. Well... I still dreamt though...

A lot of people have problems sleeping, I've just never been one of them. I had this a few months ago aswell, for a week or two it took me around two hours to fall asleep. Every night. I think I'm usually a 'good' sleeper - I fall asleep when I get into bed, I wake up when the alarm goes off (then I turn it off and turn around...), when I'm doing something important I never have problems getting up (has to be very important though), I'm a heavy sleeper in the sense that you can make a lot of noise and I usually won't wake up but at the same time I'm not hard to wake up when you need me to, or so I'm told. But I don't know if I talk in my sleep or snore or move around a lot... my teddy bears have never complained.

It's just annoying! I can't control my own sleeping...
Frustrating... But at the same time an interesting experiment :)

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous9:00 PM

    Annie you have to get off the drugs and then you may sleep easy, be good from Big ted. :-)

    ReplyDelete


Please leave your name in the dropdown box.