Sunday, January 16, 2005

Back

I got back to Bergen at 10 last night. I took a cab from the station, the radio on and Elvis' Crying in the Chapel was on. As we were driving across the bridge In the Ghetto came on. That is one of my favourite songs although I don't really have favourite songs. It was just weird hearing that song while driving back to... where I live. I can say I live here by now can't I? The song must have ended just as we came here because I heard the woman on the radio talking when the driver took my bags out.

I waited for the elevator, rode it all the way up, and walked down the hallway. I opened the outside door, got my bags inside, then the door to my room. As I opened it, it smelled... a lot like wood. A lot like the way it did when I first got here five months ago. And kinda like my uncle's house on the island up north, but I think that's because it smelled like wood. The walls looked so white and empty, it was like they were staring back at me. The light was odd and I didn't have time to clean it before I left so I'm gonna do that today. We're not allowed to put up posters or put any kind of nails into the walls to put pictures on there. I've respected that so far but I don't think I will for much longer. They only have those rules cuz they don't want people to put lots of ugly nails and big holes in the walls, which I won't dream of doing anyway. I just need to find some pictures.

I'd love to get some of my photos up here. Not that I'm good at taking photos or anything (as my appleshots will prove), but I've got a few lucky ones. But I'd have to have them printed A4 size plus I'd need some kind of frame... I'm just afraid it'll cost too much. I don't have ANY money right now, I've spent more than I can afford and I won't be buying food or anything else the next couple of months. Well, maybe food. Bread and water. But not much else. I'm fine with that, I knew that was gonna happen before I went home for Christmas - gifts and going away kinda decapitated by budget (not that I have a budget) but that's ok. I had a good time and now it's time to pay the price. But my walls do look horribly empty.

What might be even worse is that the place actually did smell almost new when I got back. I haven't made this place smell like mine. Maybe I should mark my territory by peeing in the corners? Or trying pot-purri? Mm.... I'll have to find out what kind of smells I like and then find something that smells like that and then do something or other so that the place smells like that. How do you do that? Does anybody know?

I wanna start another blog where I put those lucky shots of mine in... I just have to think of a name for it... Any ideas?

1 comment:

  1. Oh, but I like your pictures, and I think you have more than a few lucky ones.

    As far as making a place your own, I can't really think of anything. I figure that candles and such would be good. Personally, I like a subtle hint of cinnamon. If it's too strong, I end up sneezing all over the place.

    I can't think of a name. Snapples? Or is that illegal? Something like that.

    ReplyDelete


Please leave your name in the dropdown box.