Thursday, January 13, 2005

2005

We've been home for 12 hours, I've unpacked my bags and been getting ready to start packing again tomorrow; I'll be going back to Bergen on Saturday. I'm light brown now, my hair has light blonde highlights and I can still feel the warmth of the sun on my skin. I feel like a sun-kissed tomato... Not that I really got sunburnt even once. I did look like a fried lobster one day but that was just on a small area of my body and it was light brown the next evening. Nothing a bit of Nivea After Sun Lotion can't fix. Man I love that stuff... it's like summer in a bottle. And it smells so good...

Speaking of so good... One thing I missed since I was in the Canaries last time was feeling salt on my lips. Not just salt but swimming in the ocean (or splashing around anyway), having a shower and still tasting the sweet salty taste of the sea on my lips.

And emptying my bikini of sand. Yes, I wore a bikini! I never wear a bikini... Not because I have anything against bikinis in general, I just don't wear them. But I do have a green yummy looking one and why shouldn't I wear a bikini when everyone else is wearing one? Hmm? Well, I wore a bikini and I emptied it of sand. End of story.

I also took 225 photos, or probably a bit less since my camera seems to turn them both ways before counting them... I think. I'll have to find an online album thingy that will host many many photos in the same album. I've got an account at PictureTrail with a few pictures from my first album in it, but they don't give you a whole lot of space.

Now I've just got to knock a few crazy dreams out of my head and I'll be ready for another semester. I tell myself that daydreaming is a waste of time sometimes, especially when my dreams are completely unrealistic, but I think it's the telling myself off that is a waste of time. When nothing is happening around me I live inside my head. I wish I could write... I'd write for days on end about nothing and everything, about my life and dreams, about what could be and what can be.


I love you baby
And if it's quite alright
I need you baby

Those lines have been going through my head all day. I have no idea why. I figured it must be Frank Sinatra singing (the voice in my head couldn't belong to anybody else) so I pulled out all the Sinatra songs on my mp3 player and pressed 'play'. Five seconds into the first song I realized it had to be the one...

Can't Take My Eyes Off Of You

I think I love this song...
*sigh*

alright, I'll admit it, I can be a hopeless romantic sometimes (no really, my heart isn't made of ice. honestly.)

At long last love has arrived
I thank God I'm alive

I feel like fall in love... any volunteers?

1 comment:

  1. Good to see you back.

    Sinatra is one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete


Please leave your name in the dropdown box.