Tuesday, December 28, 2004

See ya next year

I don't know when I'll write again so I'll just wish you all a peaceful Christmas and a wonderful New Year celebration.

Tomorrow morning my family and I will get on the bus to go to Oslo. Bright and early Wednesday morning we'll be on the plane to the Canary Islands. My sister and our parents are all over the place, my brother and I seem to be taking it a little easier... They (parents and sis) have never been this far away from home before, my sister has only been on a plane once and she was 2 years old back then. I can't wait to get there but the packing and the bus ride and the waiting around at the airport... I remember when I used to love packing my bag because it only happened once a year when going on our summer holiday. Now I'm used to it and although I love travelling, I don't like luggage. The packing is not really a problem, I don't like it but it's easier than ever before. But the luggage... dragging the suitcases and back packs around... I don't like that. I should learn to travel light some day. And I will. Some day.

Right now I'm just looking forward to getting there. I can't wait for the moment when we've got the key, got all our luggage with us, done with queues and we walk in the door to our hotel appartment room thing. I'm gonna walk out on the balcony, I'm gonna take a long look at the view and just think "Mmmmmm". Hope it won't rain... Then our parents will tell us we are going to relax for a while, my brother will run for the nearest computer and my sister will be jumping around. When we were younger, my brother and I always used to walk up and down the floors of the hotel we were staying at. We wanted to check out the place and discover everything. Two kids (not little kids just young kids) walking around the hotel watching the guests, spying on the people who worked there, sneaking into dining rooms, taking brochures with us from the lobby to pretend we wanted to do whatever was in them. I'm sure it will be exactly the same this time, only my brother will think I'm stupid and I'll take my sis with me instead. I'm just a kid really...

I've spent a lot of time following the news of what is happening in Asia these past two days. So many countries and so many people affected by this. The last time I heard, 23,000 people were reported dead in the different countries. It's a bit scary, excactly one year after the earthquake who killed 30,000 in Bam. I guess these things just happen? 13 Norwegians have been reported dead, many are hurt and many many more are missing. Children have lost their parents and The Red Cross is sending all kinds of supplies from all over the world. We're sending money and people and I just hope it helps a little.

To everybody over there... The world is thinking about you.

It hurts inside but we gotta keep smilin'.


I'm out, see you all next year.

1 comment:

  1. I love your pictures. The mountains, the snow...I want it all. But that doesn't happen in Texas.

    Thus my desire to be in Moscow on a cold night.

    ReplyDelete


Please leave your name in the dropdown box.