Thursday, December 09, 2004

Last day in Bergen

I was at the library today, walking around waiting to go to my test in philosophy. I looked around some shelves with guide books trying to figure out where they keep their Bill Bryson books (any library should have some Bill Bryson books). While browsing the shelves I ended up looking at the Asia section, India in particular. I just got this strange feeling...

It was like a flashback from two or three years ago when I was at the library at home borrowing some books about France. I was either about to start studying French, or I had just started. All I remember is that it was summer. When handing my three books to the librarian he asked if I was going there, to France. I said no, with a smile, at least not yet. I wasn't even thinking about going, wasn't even a dream, just something I didn't think would happen, at least not then.

It's been six months since I came back after spending nine months there. I haven't thought about it before, about how I actually just... went there. A year or two before I left it was something unimaginable, but it still happened. That's the feeling I had when I saw 'India' on a book today. I just froze, memories I haven't thought about since that summer came back to me. Maybe I've found another place I want to see?

I passed my test and I've packed my bags. At 8am tomorrow (or today really) I'll be on the bus home. This weekend I'll be doing the Christmas shopping with my family on Saturday and making gingerbread cookies on Sunday. By 2pm next Wednesday I'll have handed in my assignment over the net and Christmas can finally come. It's good to be me sometimes ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment


Please leave your name in the dropdown box.