Saturday, December 25, 2004

Christmas Day

Santa came last night. My sister had bought me the slippers I wanted and I loooove them! While waiting for him we went out to play, I had snow inside my shirt and little snowballs hanging in my hair... It's freeeezing cold with snow down your back in case you haven't tried.

Today I read that a Mexican city says people can't be naked. What is this world coming to?

Only three more days at home before we're leaving for the Canary Islands off the African Coast. The islands are Spanish but there are so many Scandinavians there you don't need to know a word of Spanish to live there. Doesn't that suck? I don't speak Spanish, imagine how much fun I'd have trying to explain what I wanted! But now all I have to do is let the people there see my blonde hair and blue eyes and they'll start speaking a mix of Norwegian, Swedish and Danish. Or at the very least English. Hopefully we'll be able to get a little away from the places where all the tourists go. I want to see what Gran Canaria is for the Canarians, not what it's like for the tourists.

I'm really looking forward to it though. We're going there to celebrate my dad's 50th b'day on January 5th. We're gonna stay there for two weeks, celebrating New Years without snow! That'll be a first for me. And go swimming in January... Walking in the dunes at Masopalomas... My brother and I have both been there before with our classes, a lot of people from this place goes to the sleepy fishing town of Arguineguin where nothing ever happens. Or so say the guides. We're gonna put balloons all over on the 5th and I'm gonna try and make the hotel prepare my dad's favourite cake.

But right now it's still Christmas at home. And I have to go remind my dad to watch the show (about old horse rides through this town) he forgot to watch yesterday. Gonna round the family up tonight and we're gonna play Pictionary. No it's not lame, it's fun. We try and do that once or twice every Christmas and Easter. My sis and I are the only ones who say we want to but everyone thinks it's fun once we've got started.

Just as long as no one starts arguing!

No comments:

Post a Comment


Please leave your name in the dropdown box.