Friday, December 03, 2004

Aaaargh!!

A jury made up of United Methodist Churchclergy convicted a lesbian minister Thursday of violating church law by openly living with her partner in a committed relationship. (FOXNews.com)

And I thought we didn't like it when religious people formed a jury and convicted others... Or maybe that's only if they're not christian because then everything goes. Right?

We're all supposed not to understand 'other' religions, assuming Christianity is what 'we' have and those are the rules we need to live by. I'm not even Christian and just because I live in Europe I'm supposed to be a part of all this. You know, I don't understand christianity either. I think it's great that people can believe in things they can find comfort in, that's wonderful. I however don't believe in it, and sometimes I'd like to say "it's great that you belive this, but we know it's not true so why waste energy trying to make everyone else believe it?". But I don't say that because I have no way of knowing what is true or not. There could be a god. It could be allah. We might go to nirvana after many many lives, or we might go to heaven or hell after this one. Or even purgatory. Who am I to say what is right? How would I know?

But this is just the problem isn't it? There are plenty people believe they do know. Some people believe god talks to them. Some people believe they or others are special because god or someone else chose them. How can you know if that's true or not? You can't. God chose them. He spoke to them. Not us.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrgghh!!!


Lots of words that should be in CAPS here but I just chose to write all words the same way...

3 comments:

  1. Silly Christians!
    Now, you mentioned shoes and red things underneath my tree, I'm not sure where you are seeing shoes, but as for the red thing under the tree thier just two santa dolls :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. umm... actually I didn't mention tree at all...

    I was talking about the picture on your profile and the shoes in the window :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...oh, you weren't talking about my christmas tree picutres, sorry, had them on the mind I guess :S

    ReplyDelete


Please leave your name in the dropdown box.