Friday, December 10, 2004

Bus adventures

I'm at the library in the town where I went to high school. I went to see the dentist at 10 and now I'm waiting for my bus home.

I left at 9 this morning, way too early for me. When you take the 9am bus, the next one is at 12, you take the first one for five mins, then wait 10 minutes for the second one, and then it's a 15 min ride to get here. When I got on the first bus, which is the school bus coming back from school, I said I wanted a student ticket to Stryn. He looked at me and said. High school kids take this bus when they're late for the other one, I know I did a few times.

I figured he must be wondering if I had a bus card thing for school because then I might not have had to pay. I said 'Erm... no', and he said it was 40kr (about $6). It was supposed to cost 30kr so I said I had asked for a ticket for students. He looked at me, again, and said "But you're old!" Yeah... There were only three other passengers, an woman and two kinda old men. Someone started giggling and I said "Gee, thanks". I went to that high school, and by that bus, 18 months ago, am I old already??

I said I wasn't going to school but I'm still a student and he went 'Umm... why don't you pay when we get there? (there being where we'd be waiting for the other bus).

I might be too old for high school, but I'm not old thankyouverymuch! He probably knew how old I was cuz everybody in town knows each other (more or less), and meant I couldn't still be in high school. Think before you speak!

No comments:

Post a Comment


Please leave your name in the dropdown box.