Thursday, October 13, 2005

Penis, Please

"Guys name their dicks like they name their cars."

Do they? Do you? I don't. I don't have either dick nor car. I've never known of anyone who has named their penis. Then again, that's not usually something you ask people. Unless, of course, 'you' are me and I am bored with an MSN list full of contacts.

So I asked. Most people answered something along the lines of:

"What??"

At least those who don't know me very well. Those who do are used to this kind of thing by now.

In total I recieved answers from 17 guys spread around the world. I discovered guys are as likely to name their penises no matter where they live in the world. You might think since, for example, Europe and the US are more open about sexuality than much of Asia and Africa, guys from the first mentioned are more likely to name their private parts. This is not so. However, this can't be taken as representative of anything or anyone so take it for what it's worth.

I found that approximately one third of guys have named their penises. I got 11 no and 6 yes (including one Egyptian who gave his penis his own name, and one American who had girlfriends who named it but never did so himself).

I have to say I expected more guys to answer yes. And I did not expect being asked if guys really do that. Some hadn't imagined it was something one might want to do. While others said yes, sure I have. I was also surprised to find (among my contacts at least) that geography and culture doesn't matter much one way or the other.

Interesting as it was, there really should be more research done on this... Care to help me out?

Have you named your penis?
Would you mind sharing?

3 comments:

  1. You know it.

    I can't hear the name John anymore without having to stifle a laugh.

    I've never named my car though. I don't get that attached to cars.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:41 AM

    zumzum

    ReplyDelete
  3. My Penis is lacking a name, but all of the cars I've ever owned had names, how odd...never thought about it....

    ReplyDelete


Please leave your name in the dropdown box.