Friday, October 29, 2004

Monsters, Inc.

Do monsters exist?

Does evil exist?
Does love exist?
...or is it just..... a figment of our imagination?

I don't believe in evil, but how can I not? I know what's out there, but I've never seen it. I always feel everything. Is that a strange thing to say? I just mean that... when I look at something, it gives me a feeling, and that thing becomes defined by the feeling it gives me. Same with situations. Even hypothetical situations. Same with people. When I was standing on the veranda a couple of hours ago, looking out over the city, at the clouds above, I realized that what I feel here, is not real. I wish someone could drop me into some of all the horrible things that are going on in the world, far from my safe home. I wish I could see, understand, realize. Feel. I hate thinking like I do, wearing my rosy red glasses. But I still do.

I think like the innocent creature people see me as. I know there are good things and bad things, but I can't give in to the bad ones. I know how naïve I can be, I know that I'm lucky and priviliged to be where I am. That's like the surface, and I always stay above it. I do dive down into the deep ocean, but I don't stay there. I always go back up. I always come back up.

Sometimes things shock me, sometimes someone has to shake me a little. Some people seem to do that better than others. And I always appriciate it when that happens, even if I don't always know it at the time...

A different point of view will never hurt.
Stay open minded, that's one of the best qualities a person can have (and the most attractive quality there is, if you ask me).

No comments:

Post a Comment


Please leave your name in the dropdown box.