Tuesday, October 19, 2004

Internet friendships

Sometimes you meet some wonderful people on here. Other times, you meet people who start out interesting, and, after a few months, start critisizing you for doing, thinking, even feeling the way you do. Today I said goodbye to one such person, after him last night having accused me of not having told him the truth about when I was born, proceeded to suggest I typed it wrong (writing 24th instead of 15th), and when I showed him the log from the chat, he asked me if I'd just written it... That was the last straw.

Some internet friendships just take too much work, and when you don't even enjoy talking to the person anymore (casual talk turns into constantly defending yourself), what's the point? I spent a month wondering if it's right to say goodbye to someone just because you don't like the way they talk to you... Today I decided I'd rather talk to nice people. I know some great people here, people who have shown me that interesting and nice can go hand in hand.

You can find true friends on here, but they are rare.
Just remember: show respect, even if you feel like ripping your arm off and beating the other person with it. Walk away if you have to. And don't slam the door.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Please leave your name in the dropdown box.