Monday, February 16, 2009

The Eurasian Lynx

The Eurasian Lynx (or lynx lynx) is found all over Norway, although rarely in the western counties. Maybe that's why I never really thought of it being out there - it just hasn't been an issue where I'm from.

A couple months ago though a man found tracks not far from our house, and in the town next to ours they have started hunting for them.

This weekend they tracked one from Friday until Sunday when they found it and shot it dead.

They're absolutely beautiful animals and it's strange to think about them walking around in the mountains where we all go hiking during summer. I'm not sure exactly how I feel about humans going out to kill them, the lynx does kill a lot of sheep and I understand both the emotional and the financial side to wanting to control the population.

Still though...

No comments:

Post a Comment


Please leave your name in the dropdown box.