Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Dreaming Donald

Last night I dreamt my brother was throwing away books. And not just any books - Donald Pocket books! I was screaming at him, how could he just throw them away?

I read my first copy of these when I was 8 and we were going away for a weekend with relatives. We'd always had the magazines and I've always loved Donald. My brother was 5 at the time and when he got a little older he started reading them too. Years later he threatened to sell his to a friend and I bought them from him.

Now all the books (which I haven't dared count) are stored in boxes under my bed at home. Every time I come home my sister has a stack of them in her room (I think because when I come home she knows she can just dump them in my room and she won't have to put them away), and I still get a Christmas edition from Santa every year.

So what does the dream mean? Not to analyze too much but the obvious conclusion seems so be that I'm reluctant to give up on my childhood (didn't need a dream to tell me that).

Those books weren't the only things my brother was throwing out, and I think it was significant it was him. He's all grown up, got a job, moved in together with his girlfriend (and I have a feeling it won't be long before they start *ick!* reproducing).

I wouldn't want the roles to be reversed, I couldn't handle being tied down like that. But he has grown up a lot faster than me, and I just don't want to lose my baby brother...

No comments:

Post a Comment


Please leave your name in the dropdown box.