Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Washing Clothes

I've been washing all my clothes today. I don't like washing clothes anymore. Don't get me wrong - I never used to like it, but I didn't use to mind either. Lately I've just got rather fed up with it, it's not like I have to do much, just get the clothes downstairs, in the machine, in the dryer if they're sheets and towels, otherwise put them up to dry, then in a few days, fold them and put them in the closet.

It's not hard work, it's just the remembering to do all this. And the actually doing it. Take today for example. Underwear. A ton (pretty literally) of tiny thongs. It is absolutely impossible to put them up to dry; they just keep falling off the line! I'm seriously considering a) wearing nothing but boxer shorts, or b) wearing no underwear at all.

Today, after putting the clothes up, I went to the shop to buy some more laundry detergent. I bought two boxes, one for white clothes and the other for coloured clothes. That should last about a year... I walk in the door to my room and the smell hits me. It's not bad, as such, it's just warm, wet clothes mixed with...soap. I don't like the smell of this laundry detergent...

That's when I realize I'd just made sure this is how my room is going to smell every time I've wash my clothes, for an entire year. How stupid can you get? (- don't answer that)

No comments:

Post a Comment


Please leave your name in the dropdown box.