Saturday, April 09, 2005

Cleaning day

How I know students don't clean their rooms too often:

It's Saturday and I decided I couldn't live in this room one more day until I'd got all the dust bunnies out, washed the floors, changed the sheets - basically until I'd cleaned it up. I prefer being in clean places. That, however, doesn't mean I clean my room often. Or so I thought.

I'd just finished, had done the bathroom I share with one my roommates aswell, when Stine (another roommate) and her boyfriend came in. I just heard the door but I knew it was her and five seconds later I heard;
"Hey Anne... that smell... we don't smell that a lot... It smells great!"

Somewhat surprised, I replied;

"Yeah... I'm just cleaning my room."
"Wow, [name of whatever you put in the bucket in addition to water when you clean the floors]"
"Umm... yeah... I cleaned the bathroom, smells much stronger in there, I better open the window."

I opened the window.

When we clean our rooms it must smell all over the apartment. We talk about how we can walk down the hallway and smell what everyone on the different floors are having for dinner - the air take a lot of time to leave the building, we've complained but nothing happens. I suddenly realized that I'd never smelled any kind of cleaning... stuff here ever before. Does that mean no one cleans their rooms? The broom seems to be used a little though...

Considering my roommate's reaction, I think the answer might be yes, at least not too often. She could have been suprised that I was cleaning my room, but I don't see why that should be surprising in and of itself... I guess many just sweep but I don't feel it's clean unless it's been washed and smells clean.

I, however, do not smell clean. I've cleaned and washed and been to the stores that are far away and bought new herbs (lemon balm and mint) since the others (another lemon balm and a basil plant) died during Easter. And I went to the store here too. And I've taken out lots of trash, I've put a wash on and managed to break another glass (don't ever let me near your good china). I've cleaned the mirror and the toilet (yuck), the sink and my red crystal ball.

I'm gonna have a shower. My hair smells horrible so I'm gonna wash it twice till it smells like flowers. And I'm not gonna forget the conditioner this time, otherwise I won't be able to comb it. I'll use my pink shower gel and I'll foam it up. Then I'll find a yummy smelling body lotion and clean clothes. While my hair dries I'll make pizza (no half made stuff around here, gotta start from scratch) and tonight I'm gonna do absolutely nothing.

Wanna come?

1 comment:

  1. love to come to your room... make sure you keep it clean though :) I kinda keep my room very clean

    ReplyDelete


Please leave your name in the dropdown box.