Friday, April 01, 2005

April

I need to send my application to the Uni before April 15th. That's two weeks from now. I've had a list of things I could study, three years and I'll get a bachelor then I decide if I want to go for a masters degree. It's hard trying to decide what you want to do and I can't see myself in a typical 'job' as such... I put this list out here a while ago and after thinking about it, I've now decided that I'm going go for Bachelorprogram i mellomalderstudiar - Bachelor degree in medieval studies.

Where it will take me, I don't know... The next three years seem pretty clear cut - one year in Norway, then one in Germany and probably Slovenia, and the last year back in Norway. It'll be a lot of hard work - not much vacation the next three years.

I don't know much about history so going back to medieval times might be a good idea. Help me see the world through the eyes of those who lived before us, maybe I can understand why it is the way it is today. I always thought life would take me away from here but life doesn't always take us where we want to go. Some dreams are just that - dreams. At least I'll see Eastern Europe :)


I've also started looking for something.... more. A higher meaning, religion, God, call it what you want. I want a quiet life and this world doesn't seem to offer it. I've realized I've made a mistake and I need to leave for a while, I need to go join others who feel the way I do. Maybe I should become a nun... the thought has crossed my mind.

It's a strange day today.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Please leave your name in the dropdown box.