Tuesday, September 22, 2009

There's a Bible in my bed, There's a Bible in my bed!


Oh wait...

...it took a second before I realized what it was doing there.
A very scary second.


A friend posted a note on Facebook about Adam having called the first woman, in Norwegian, "manninne" ("mann" being "man"). Which probably makes sense if the Bible is directly translated from English (wo-man), but not in Norwegian - my edition (yes, I own one) says "kvinne" which sounds quite different.

Either some Bibles are badly translated. Well... I guess we already know all Bibles are, but for the sake of the argument let's say this was either another bad translation, or the book did not sell well enough so they decided to edit some parts.

Well... again, we all know that is true too.


Man.. it's so hard to be funny criticizing the Bible when all criticisms have already been proven true...

No comments:

Post a Comment


Please leave your name in the dropdown box.