Thursday, February 16, 2006

The Unemployment Line Podcast unemploymentshow.com

I first heard about podcasts last summer. I started looking around and downloaded a few. I found a couple and subscribed on iTunes but... I quickly realized people are as stupid on podcasts as they are in real life and what sounds good for five minutes can take a turn for the worse as soon as the guys (mostly guys doing podcasts) start talking crap about everyone from the famous American "the rest of the world", pass through their own country down to their neighbours' dog.

I actually only found one podcast I liked and it happened to be the first I found - and the first I listened to. It's called The Unemployment Line, follow one of the links in this post and you'll quickly get to their page.

Basically there are three guys who, I'll take a chance here and say they used to all be unemployed (hence the name) but now they seem to be employed again... I'm way behind in my listening. Details, details, I know. But they're fun.




See? Aren't they cute?


I suggest you check out their page unemploymentshow.com or find them on iTunes. Their shows are right there on the page so you can download anything you want. You'll hear Regis go on about Melvis, Frankie talking about karaoke or you can send an email and win a date with Greg (you'll win, I promise). I'll leave it to you to figure out which guy is which. Nice Americans - they're not even rude! Sometimes they think they are but... nah... Sure are entertaining though.


Oh and I probably should tell you not to go there if you're younger than 12.. or 14.. years old. Sometimes they like to think they're talking about adult stuff.

7 comments:

  1. I can only assume that you've found me from my Drunk Dial on the Unemployment Line. Just reading your profile and learning you want to be in Italy makes me jealous as you are so much closer. You'll have to come over for Vancouver 2010. For all the skiing events I have to cheer for Canada, but when it comes to who I cheer for afterwards it's Norway. You are the kings of my sport.

    Also check out thestrangebrood.com, Doug does that podcast too and It seems to feature more drunk dials.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've been drunk dialing? Don't think I've heard that yet :)

    Think you commented on their page, I saw someone skiing in your picture and had to see what that was about.


    As for The Strange Brood - I'm not too crazy about the drunk dials yet and I've got enough with trying to listen to one podcast at the moment.

    Keep cheering for Norway - we need it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, thank you for the kind post on your site. We will definitely give you major kudos on our show! My wife and I are immersed in the Olympics right now and can't wait until 2010 in Saskatoon! Go Croatia!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Am I the only one who thinks 'kudos' sounds like a nasty STI?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Saskatoon?

    Hmm... I've been away all week. What's the medal count at apples?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whose medal count?

    Yours is 2 - 4 - 5, you're doing good.

    The US has 6 - 3 - 1, in the lead depending on how you count

    Ours is in the sidebar, 1 - 6 - 6. We're jinxed.

    Bloody Swedes and Estonians are getting our gold.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well Norway is still edging us out. We'll get one closer tomorrow with Women's Hockey. our Canadian Men Skiers aren't really known to be a medal threat.

    And it's in Vancouver Regis. Not saskatoon, It's a 1700 Kilometer drive away. So bascially 1.5 Tanks of Diesel to get us there.

    ReplyDelete


Please leave your name in the dropdown box.