Friday, January 06, 2006

2006

Five days of the new year have passed and I have barely got my butt out of bed. I'm going back to Bergen bright and early Sunday morning. University starts Monday but the first week consists of one information meeting per subject, each lasting about an hour. I have to go back to Bergen to go to Uni for three hours.

Some of the time I won't spend at school (the remaining 37 hours of a normal work week) will be spent shopping. I don't want to but I've become painfully aware that I need some clothes. I hate shopping in winter, it's just depressing, but I really need a jacket, some pairs of trousers and a sweater or something... And rubber boots. When it rains in Bergen there is no other kinds of shoes that are able to keep your feet dry. I've lived there for a year and a half and I still haven't bought any. I'm sick of having to put all my clothes, including socks and underwear, up to dry when I get in. I should get a raincoat too.

Start the new year spending a ton of money I don't have. Shop till you drop. What about people who can't afford to buy rubber boots or a rain coat? What about those who have to wear the same clothes every day because they don't have anything else? People who spend all their money on food and are still hungry 24/7. Do we ever stop to think about them? Then again, thinking about it isn't going to help much. Is it now?


My fingers are cold. So are my toes. My fingers and toes are always cold. I don't understand why... that's supposed to happen to people who smoke. I'll blame it on second hand smoke. Or bad blood circulation? I'll go with the first since "bad circulation" sounds too much like someone who's sick. I'm not sick. Plus, blaming another thing on the nicotine addicts will be another argument for the abolisment of smokers. Not smoking. Just smokers. We'll simply extinguish you.*


This is gonna be a good year!



*The author accepts no responsibility whatsoever for the current validity, political correctness, seriousness or
quality of the information provided. No claims for liability relating to damage of any sort, resulting from use of, or failure to use, the information made available, or from the use of incorrect and incomplete information, shall be assertible against the author, this includes damages inflicted on your person from singlehandedly starting the extinguishing procedure ahead of time. Be responsible. Wear a helmet.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:29 AM

    That was funny. :-) Wish you best of luck in 2006

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe, the fingers and toes must be a European thing. I have them too. I'm told I get the from my great-great-grandpa, who came from Poland. It's handy for going barefoot during the summer.

    My ears though. They seem to always burn. Bright red. Mucho embarrassing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reading what Raine just said, I think I've noticed that practically all men have hot ears at all times. It is the strangest phenomenon.

    Shop till you drop. What about people who can't afford to buy rubber boots or a rain coat? What about those who have to wear the same clothes every day because they don't have anything else? People who spend all their money on food and are still hungry 24/7...

    That's what the majority of my childhood was like..through my teens as well. Actually up until pretty recently. Anyway, it's not much fun, but you just kind of deal, and hope the food banks won't turn you away.

    I want to be some slightly eccentric, overly concerned wealthy woman one day and make it my duty to provide for those who struggle with even the basics.


    Plus, blaming another thing on the nicotine addicts will be another argument for the abolisment of smokers. Not smoking. Just smokers. We'll simply extinguish you.

    Hahahaha..may I please quote you in my journal?

    ReplyDelete


Please leave your name in the dropdown box.