Saturday, January 28, 2006

Little Devils...

The common idea is that girls are harder to please. We just want to find a guy, then we start changing him. Women get jealous, we have high expectations and want to be treated like little princesses. Otherwise we get grumpy and won't sleep with the guy. The strange thing about this is even we girls seem to accept it as a fact most of the time.

Of course girls are different. Some are easy to please, others won't be happy till you cut off your arm for them. But what is common for all of us, no matter where you are, no matter how easy you are to please, no matter what.. the one thing which is inevitable is this:

if we ever, ever, do anything "girly", we're accused of being "such a girl".

Which, said like that, is a really bad thing. Guys assume all girls are whiny little brats - and with the current girl they just haven't been able to prove it yet. As soon as we say something along the lines of "no, I won't let you take my clothes off in the middle of the street!" (yes, that happened), we become "such a girl". It's inevitable.


So imagine my surprise when I heard someone present this statement:

"guys are so fucking high maintenance, i swear dating women is easier"

This comes from someone who has dated both men and women. Someone who doesn't seem to be trapped inside everyday conventions and likes trying anything new. Someone who actually has the right to say anything at all about who is easier to date based on the simple fact that he has tried both.

Maybe he's right. I asked another guy what he thought. This was a guy I thought would say something along the lines of "some girls are easy, some are hard. just like guys." But I was wrong. His answer to the question "Do you think guys are easier to date than girls?" Was"Yeah I think so. Well most of the times."

A few minutes later we found out it came down to this:

girls are difficult because they have expectations about where to go and what to do on dates.

guys are easy because they don't have expectations about where to go and what to do.


Basically girls have expectations. But I would say it's more than a little naïve to say guys have no expectations. However - guys' expectations seem to revolve around the end of the date, not the other parts of it. Generally speaking, of course.

Guys are expected to want sex. We all know they want it.

What are girls expected to want? What can we want that guys will say "of course, it's only natural she wants that, and she should get it (although maybe not on the first date). It's not her fault."


Yikes...

Guys are high maintenance.
Who knew?!?

Wake up and smell the sarcasm...

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:04 PM

    Annie, I have spoken to girl that has said, " sometimes I just feel like bein' a slut." Now what would you think she would want on the first date ? It's her choice to want to feel that way but I can't think for the life of me why she would want to allow herself to be treated as one. Love ya missy, be good , talk soon okies?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sandman - my experience on dating guys is..well.. nonexistant. But the guys I'd have to base my experience on - I'd have to say some where quite high maintenance.

    Big Ted - wanting to be a slut and being treated like a slut is not necessarily the same. One is doing something you want to do it, the other is someone doing something to you because they want to treat you that way, regardless of whether you want to or not. - You made more sense when we talked about it though.

    Chas - experience... I need to get myself some of that :)

    ReplyDelete


Please leave your name in the dropdown box.