Thursday, April 16, 2009

The eee

When I first got my Asus eee 900 last August, I loved it. I didn't write about all the problems I had with it in Uganda because I had enough trying to deal with them.

I'd bought it because I was going there, and all in all I'm glad I had it, but now it's just more trouble than it's worth.

What went wrong in Uganda;
  • The wireless rarely worked
  • The adapter stopped working
  • When I replaced it the power didn't last long
  • It didn't have all the programs it was supposed to
  • The sound tended to stop working until I rebooted
  • Getting keys (especially the space bar) to register was hard
And since I've been back;
  • The left touchpad button sometimes stops working
  • The right touchpad button doesn't work at all (you don't realize how much you use it until it's gone)
  • Lifting they keyboard to check touchpad cable doesn't work
  • When it's charging it sends out a painful, high pitched sound
  • Installing certain programs such as Wine does not work

A great mix of software and hardware issues there...

I'll have to return it and I will as soon as papers and exams are over. I should probably start looking for a new laptop too - the eee was never meant as a full time kinda thing.

My advice to you?
Don't ever get an Asus eee!

No comments:

Post a Comment


Please leave your name in the dropdown box.