Tuesday, April 08, 2008

New Week!

Saturday
My week of being green will be over tomorrow. I've been at work all day and it's a little chilly walking home. I should have brought a scarf, don't want to get sick like my flat mate. My throat does hurt a bit after the walk though.

Sunday
Last day! Only 12 more hours and I can have bread! And pasta! And anything I want! (addicted? me? nah!). My throat still hurts though..
6 hours left. I'm feeling sick. All warm, then I get freezing. This is serious bad timing. At least I still have my sense of taste.

Monday
00:01 - Finally!!!
12:00 - There's no longer any doubt. I have a cold. I'm not hungry.
18:00 - Work is hard when you have to blow your nose every 5 minutes. Not to mention constantly sucking on Fisherman's Friends to keep away the coughing fits (it's the only thing that works - it took me many painful, humiliating years and flu seasons to find it)

Tuesday
I have a head full of cotton, my nose is running like crazy, I'm not hungry and I can't smell or taste a thing. Fantastic...


I've been hungry for a week. I've been longing for it to be over. For my little experiment to end. And when does, I'm no longer hungry. All the yummy things I can now eat do longer attract me. All I can think of now is avoiding a sinus infection. I've had that before and was in bed for over two weeks. My mum said she started getting them when she was my age, which means that my sinuses hurting is no longer something I can say "oh it'll pass" to because, well, it won't.

But hey, if that's the worst thing her genes gave me, I'm not complaining. I'm still just waiting for those heart attacks to work their way down the lines...

No comments:

Post a Comment


Please leave your name in the dropdown box.