Saturday, December 03, 2005

The Casanova Gang

Four men from Tromsø, aged 26 to 31 made a bet. They would try and see who of them were able to sleep with the most women in 2005.

One of them, a 28 year old, explains it this way: - We were sitting discussing how cheap the girls in Tromsø really are, and how easy it is to get laid in this city, if you just try. We were at a late party after the New Year celebration last year and that's when one of us suggested this competition.

-------------------------------------------------------

Radio Tromsø was allowed to send an interview with the 28 year old but afterwards he backed out. They've published some of it on their web pages.

RT: - How many girls have you had sex with so far?

28: - I'm not saying, but I think we passed 50 each as early as May and June.

RT: - How do you know your friends won't cheat?

28: - We actually discussed that and decided we trust each other and respect each other enough to be honest when we do the final count on New Years eve this year.

RT: - There are rumours about this on the town. Has it become harder to pick up women?

28: - One of us must have said something to someone. I have no idea who. But it doesn't really matter, the women I try to get with don't seem at all suspicious. It's pretty easy to get some in this town.

RT: - But the cat is out of the bag now. This interview can ruin a bit for you.

28: - You might be right about that. But I don't really care about that either. As I said, it's easy to pick someone up. I know if I'm getting any within 20 minutes.

RT: - You say it's so easy. How do you do it?

28: - Personally, I've put up personal ads everywhere on the net and I also use SMS chat. I get quite a few there. Then I'm on the town stone cold sober 3-4 times a week and it's kinda there I score the most.

RT: - And what about the girls? Do you ever think about telling them they're just a number?

28: - No are you crazy? And anyway, I just go after women who aren't very attractive. Those who are really chubby are the easiest to get to bed. They've got the lowest self esteem and are the most desperate. Actually, they should just be happy a cool guy such as myself would be bothered to sleep with them.

RT: - How often do you have sex?

28: - Some times it's really slow, but I actually managed to get five from Thrusday to Sunday sometime in June.

RT: - And STIs?

28: - Heh heh, we've talked about that too. Someone actually suggested that those who get mouldy balls are discqualified from the bet. But I guess it's up to the individual to protect himself.

RT: - And what about you?

28: - It's like 50-50 if I use a condom or not. Depends if I've remembered it or if she has in her purse or in a drawer or something.

RT: - Has anyone ever 'taken a hit'?

28: - Not that I know of. I haven't got any.

RT: - Don't you have a trace of bad conscience?

28: - For what? It's adult girls I sleep with. It's their choice and I've never forced anyone to do anything.


RadioTromsø.no



Now I guess you're expecting me to want to get those guy's heads (or other body parts) on a platter to show to the world what we'll do with guys behaving like this.

I'm not even gonna go there.

I actually don't have too much of a problem with it... Just a few things.

  • I would never, under any circumstance, want to be with a guy like that. Not as in a 'relationship' (I'd run away if I ever found out) and not as in a night. I'm not a number. And quite frankly I don't think he'd be able to put up with me for hours on end just to get laid.
  • They shouldn't lie. They shouldn't pretend there's 'something there' when the girl is a number.. Whether they do or not is something they'll never tell and the girls don't have a say.
  • "Those who are really chubby are the easiest to get to bed. They've got the lowest self esteem and are the most desperate." I get that they do it just for the numbers, but what do they think it does to someone with 'the lowest self esteem' when someone seems to like them, then run away as soon as they've seen them naked and have done their business?


The media here has talked about this a little, it's been said that most guys do this in some form and to some extent. But this is extreme and the guys have been labelled as deviants, as having intimacy issues and as being in need of professional help.

I'm not qualified to say anything about that. And I'm not sure why everybody's going nuts over it. Many guys do this. They just don't call it a bet. That, however, doesn't mean I think it's... a nice thing to do. It's not exactly how I think sex should be.

As always, I'm torn between the 'do it and have fun' and the 'do it if you care about someone'. I usually say I agree with the first; leaning towards the second would label me as a prude. Which I don't believe I am but I'm still not able to raise myself above getting annoyed when someone calls me old fashioned.

Then maybe we are 'cheap' as the guy says. 'Cheap' or 'Prude' are the options availible to us. The women he sleeps with are with one guy and are cheap, he sleeps with a couple hundred and... guys just can't be cheap, can they? I've wondered about that for years and I'm not getting any smarter. Then again, neither are the guys.

Could that be why many girls agree to sleep with someone like that? Sure they could want to, of course they might like the way the guy looks and simply want to have a quickie. Maybe he's pushing for it, maybe she's the one who's doing that. Do all girls follow their instincts or are most of us easy to persuade? Does 'yes' sometimes mean 'I don't know'? Does 'ok' mean 'no'?


"Sleep with me and you're cheap. Don't, and you're a prude."

I think most girls have experienced a guy's defensive spikes when she turns him down. They sting.

1 comment:

  1. Whatever happened to playing hard to get?

    I guess guys have just gotten lazy, and if they're not going to get it right now, goddamnit, that makes you a prude.

    I've come to the understanding that there can be a happy medium. You can have sex with someone for fun, and because you care about them.

    Unfortunately, it's easy to talk about, but hard to find such a person at the right time and place.

    I hope you have better luck than I, apples.

    ReplyDelete


Please leave your name in the dropdown box.