Thursday, December 15, 2005

A Little Girl in a World of Evil

What do you do when you're so angry all the muscles in your body tighten and there's nothing you can do about it? I used to get that a lot before, watching the news on tv, reading the newspaper, going through an article. There's just so much evil in this world. I'm as far away from it as anyone could possibly get but every time I saw or read something like that I'd just notice every muscle in me tense up.

It's been a while since I got that but today it came back. I read about an 11 year old Danish girl. Today the 8th man was arrested for a.. sexual assult, if you will. Her father, one among the eight, hired her out to pedophiles who had sex with her. Four men have already been convicted of buying her at age 10, and four more awaiting their trail.

What can possibly cause someone to behave in this way? Seven men, at least, paid to have sex with a 10 year old girl. Her own father handed her over. What is it I'm not seeing here? What is it that can make some people find this acceptable when the rest of us want to beat the crap out of them?

I don't know how long they'll stay in prison but I hope it's long. Rape sentencing in Norway is a joke, four years for gang raping a 12 year old, that's what people get around here. I hope Denmark does better. Something like this, and particularly what the father did, is the closest I'll ever get to agreeing with having a death penalty. But I guess someone has to die first and this girl didn't.

She's 11. She's eleven years old. She's a little kid. Where does she go from here?

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:45 AM

    Thanks for the visit and the comment on my blog. I responded to your comment under the post "wasted day". Thanks again and happy holidays :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. >:( Horrible doesn't even begin to describe those events. And four years in jail is a sick joke.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The fact that this is happening makes me grieve. The fact that so few people care that this is happening makes my sanity flee.

    "It's crime," they say. "It happens all the time."

    Of course. Validiating something because of its frequency.

    Is there world full of evil? Without a doubt, yes.

    Is there some good in the world? I can't say. Some of the most insidious plots hide behind the facade of nobility.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous4:48 PM

    This is reality! This is the cruel world! And we all live in it! Sad but true!

    ReplyDelete


Please leave your name in the dropdown box.