Wednesday, September 07, 2005

A beautiful day

I'm in love... It happened as I was walking to my Middle East class today. Not quite one in a million, more like one in a thousand ninety seven. It was The Zephyr Song and it was the one my mp3 player randomly selected for me to listen to.

I liked it so much I dug through the album lists looking for Red Hot Chili Peppers' By The Way, assuming that there must be more songs from that album I really like. But nothing is like The Zephyr Song and I'm in love with the chorus...


Fly away on my Zephyr
I feel it more then ever
And in this perfect weather
We'll find a place together
Fly on my wing


Not quite like the Noodle song but still very much worth listening to.


As for my other kinda love life... it stopped. It's been a few months now and there's nothing I can do but wait. If I'm waiting for nothing or everything, I don't know. All I know is it stopped.

4 comments:

  1. I understand the feeling. Of both the Red Hot Chili Peppers, and the stalled romance.

    Work, school, music. Those three things, they're all I've got, and all I've got time for.

    But the music I can share.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Cabron from the By The Way album. I just can't stop listening to it. I think it has something to do with the guitar riffs.
    "I dont wanna fight
    I wanna get along with you
    this time i'm not suppose to sing songs about the local news"
    Sounds so cheerful & hopeful. But i have no idea what cabron means though...

    ReplyDelete
  3. 2. cabron
    dick, bastard in Spanish

    in the words of red hot chili peppers-
    caabbrrrron, cabbrrrron, cabrrrrrrron, cabbbrrrron...


    One of 19 definitions from
    Urbandictionary.com


    I liked the Puertorican meaning:
    Someone is screwing your girl you know about it, and you do nothing about it.

    But there's also one from Spain:
    In Spain, this refers to the English equivalent as "Lucky Bastard".


    I was listening to this other song I really liked but didn't figure out which one it was. Just realized it was actually By The Way itself...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Standing in line to see the show tonight, and there's a light out, heavy glow.

    That's a fave right there.

    ReplyDelete


Please leave your name in the dropdown box.