Monday, July 06, 2009

My Youngest Uncle

My uncle died today.
My mum's youngest brother. The youngest of the ten.

We haven't seen him for years, he wasn't there last time we were up north. And we haven't been up much lately.

It was as unexpected as can be. He hadn't been sick, he just... died.


My parents have canceled their trip to Spain, my brother is coming home. We're going up north for the funeral but we won't know a date until after the autopsy.


I guess it's true what they say... You gotta make the most out of life while you still have it. You never know when it'll be too late.

And I've already learnt it's better to regret what you've done than what you haven't. At least that way you know you've done what you can. And if your thoughts, dreams and fantasies remain just that... at least you know you tried.

I guess death teaches you that... you gotta do what you can, while you still can.

3 comments:

  1. you know, it is so rewarding to see people discover that fact of life..

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is a long way from knowing something and actually acting upon it though...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry about this... :(

    ReplyDelete


Please leave your name in the dropdown box.