Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Election Day 08

Americans have started voting, and the world is watching.

Ugandans are all over this election - I've seen "Barack Obama Club" t-shirts, bumper stickers and the papers have had the American colours on their front pages the past days.

Yesterday a guy came to the lecture shouting "Pray for McCain!" and another shouted back "No, pray for Obama!"


I wish I had a tv or a computer and didn't have to go running to internet cafes all the time. Last time, four years ago, I was up all night watching, and I really wish I could do the same now.

It looks like Obama can do this (I'd say more but I'm afraid to jinx it!) but you never know how the Republicans will do until it's over.

I'm hoping for no surprises this year, just a smooth running election with a historical outcome.

Go Obama!

No comments:

Post a Comment


Please leave your name in the dropdown box.