Saturday, June 18, 2005

The one with the guy sleeping in my bathroom

Two of my three roommates have left for summer. One has gone home for a couple months, the other one moved out, which is a little sad. The girl who moved was the one who owned the sofa and big red chair in our living room. Now it's empty and white, we really gotta find some stuff to put in there.

My only remaining roommate was having a party when I came in at around 9 last night and they left at around 11. I noticed someone was in the bathroom but didn't think much about it. I didn't go out, decided to stay in. A couple hours later I went to the kitchen to get some water. I noticed the bathroom door was still locked and thought someone must have locked it from the outside. I knocked and when no one answered I got the lock open.

There was a guy lying on the floor. Asleep. Fine, the floor is real nice and warm now that I get to put the heat on without my roommate turning it off (she's gone home already), but that doesn't mean you should lie down there and go to sleep in the middle of a party. Not really sure what to do, and after seeking advice from the one you may know as Sandman, I decided to leave him. If you're drunk enough to fall asleep on the bathroom floor, then you might not want to wake up. Plus I didn't know him, never seen him before, didn't have a clue where he might live or even want to go if I asked him to get off my floor.

So I left him.

An hour or so later I heard my roommate come back. I checked to see if the guy was still there, which he was, he'd just changed positions and stuffed his hand down his pants. I went to see her, and this is pretty much what happened;

Me: Hey, I think you've forgotten a guest in the bathroom...
Ema: What??
Me: Yeah... there's a guy asleep on the bathroom floor.
Ema: Are you kidding?
Me: Nope.

(We go to the bathroom, I open the door, the guy moves)

Ema: Hey, is this where you are?
Guy: Uhh.....
Ema: You're lying here sleeping?
Guy: Uhh.....

(Guy gets up, talks to my roommate for a minute, then leaves)

Ema, my roommate, said she didn't really know him, she'd only met him that evening. He'd just dropped by and I believe he lived on the 2nd floor. How he came to fall asleep, or even lie down in the first place, remains a mystery.

I don't know about you, but I'm not used to having guys sleeping on my bathroom floor...

6 comments:

  1. I've been there, sleeping on the bathroom floor. Although under different circumstances. Sometimes the flu is so cruel that it won't give advance warning, so one must take the fight to the front line, so to speak.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:56 PM

    can you email me (finefellow6@hotmail.com) want to ask something

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi. Just stumbled upon your blog.

    That's one funny story. Freaky... but funny all the same. I'm way too familiar with bathroom floors (somehow the floor feels good when you're pissed drunk. haha).

    Lydd

    ReplyDelete
  4. ewww.. comon guys.. bathroom floor is not for sleeping no matter how tired you are :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Easy for you to say. At least the bathroom floor gets cleaned every once and a while. Beds, not so much.

    ReplyDelete


Please leave your name in the dropdown box.