Saturday, September 04, 2010

I've been hacked!

At 1.14pm I was hacked by someone seemingly located on a mobile device in Germany.

This person sent approximately a hundred emails to people in my address book, resulting in Google shutting it down. Which meant they shut down this blog too.

First of all - if an email got through to you, I'm sorry. I hate getting spam too and I always wonder what people do to get their email addresses taken over.

Second - Gmail seems to have caught pretty much every single email, labeled them as spam, and refused to send them. I am seriously impressed!

Third - to the best of my knowledge I have never had an account hacked before and now I'm not entirely sure how to prevent it from happening again. I'm resetting the obvious options but I'll have to look into it some more in the morning.


I wonder if this means someone has physically been in my Gmail account or if they've hijacked my address from somewhere else.. Either way, I hope they keep their sticky fingers away from my accounts in the future!

1 comment:

  1. I never knew this could happen, thanks for sharing. Hope everything is fine now.

    ReplyDelete


Please leave your name in the dropdown box.