Friday, January 23, 2009

Nickelback - All The Right Reasons

I have loved you all along
And I miss you
Been far away for far too long
I keep dreaming you'll be with me
And you'll never go
Stop breathing if
I don't see you anymore


I've been meaning to say something about this CD for a long time. I bought it because I remembered their sound from a CD my brother once had, I think it was called Wired Up II... he lent it to me, I never gave it back, then years later I reminded him of it and he said I could keep it.

It just sounds... familiar in a way I can't explain. I listened to it a lot this autumn, sitting in the study room at Akamwesi. A few of the lines just sort of... meant more, there and then, than they could in any other setting or situation.


If everyone cared and nobody cried
If everyone loved and nobody lied
If everyone shared and swallowed their pride
We'd see the day when nobody died

And as we lie beneth the stars
We realize how small we are
If they could love like you and me
Imagine what the world could be


I'd quote all the songs.. but the post would just get too long.
I've only got one CD by Nickelback but there something about their music, their sound, their lyrics, that just... gets me.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Please leave your name in the dropdown box.