Sunday, December 14, 2008

Last pages

As I'm writing the last pages of this chapter in my life, I'm thinking of all the people I've met, all the new experiences I've had and the conversations that could never have taken place anywhere else. I know that these few months here have affected me in ways I am not yet aware of, and in the future I will think back to this very moment as a period in my life that helped shape me into the person I will become.

Right now I just want to cry my eyes out, and I think that's a good thing. It means I had fun, I enjoyed this time and I will miss it. Even if I did start crying I still couldn't stop smiling. There are people I have seen every day, people I have spent so much time with, people I will never meet again. Some I hopefully will, others will disappear out of my life the moment the plane takes off and MTN can no longer reach me.

This moment in time, this hostel, my class, the people here... I might come back to Uganda, but certain things will have changed. Things always change and life goes on.

This moment, this precise moment, will never come back. I only have a few days left and a few more memories to create.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Please leave your name in the dropdown box.