Sunday, October 12, 2008

The boyfriend

I guess it might be time to say something about this now... The Guy and I started dating two years ago, and we broke up before I came to Uganda. He didn't want to lose me as a girlfriend and I didn't want to lose him as a friend, so it's not quite official yet... Facebook still says we're together, if that's anything to go by.

I'm supposed to think, experience something new and see if I'll change my mind. But I won't, I know that now. I'll just have to find a way to tell him that, it doesn't seem fair to do it online - "oh btw my feelings won't change, gtg, cya!"

Might not seem very fair to put it on a blog either, but he doesn't read this - he says he doesn't and I trust him.

I just felt it was time to put thinks straight. I've been on here since long before I met him and it doesn't feel like I'm being honest with myself or anyone else when I don't tell this story, as I've told so many others.

Anybody got any idea how to break a heart without actually breaking it?

3 comments:

  1. Sorry, can't help you on this one. I'm not good with breaking up with a guy gently...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:54 PM

    its sounds a bit corky: but honesty works best for me.

    sleepy

    ReplyDelete
  3. The only other advice I got was to wait till I got back and tell him face to face. That seems a little mean.

    I think I have a phone call to make.

    ReplyDelete


Please leave your name in the dropdown box.