Thursday, July 21, 2011

A Disturbing Dream

Last night I had a dream so disturbingly weird I just have to write it down somewhere.

I don't remember how it started, but the cast was the people who used to be in my class. I don't know why we were together, but there we were. And someone decided we should all kill ourselves.

I'm not sure how that idea came up, but suddenly people just decided it should be done. There was something about people were going to come in, something about NASA or something, storing the bodies - and everyone was okay with that.



Then I suddenly realized what were doing and started asking questions - I don't think I actually confronted anyone, I just kept asking why we should do this (then why they were going to do it). I remember I kept thinking... "What can happen to the world that is so bad, they don't want to be here when it happens?" Why kill yourself (or, as it were, have someone kill you) if something "may" happen? Did they sense something I didn't?

Apart from a handful of us, they all went through with it. After, the one surviving girl and I went into a sort of locker room and were going to have a shower. I noticed stains on the floor, like dried vomit. I asked her what it might be, and tried to ignore the thought of what it might mean.

The locker room had two doors, one to the shower and another one. I considered opening it, but fearing what I might see I didn't. But I couldn't quite let go of the thought of those dried, brown stains on the floor, and when I bent down next to one I took a quick peek through a hole next to the door. I couldn't see anything other than tiles. Good. Then I blinked and looked again, and there they were.

They were all piled on top of each other, wrapped in towels, their bare legs sticking out. I immideatly stood up, thought this was the first time I'd seen a dead body, realized there is no way I am having a shower in here and wanted to get out. All the while wondering why they went through with it, what is going to happen that is so bad they don't want to be alive to see it?

I wondered how they did it - all at once or one at a time. For some reason I knew it was one at a time. I don't know exactly how it went down, but those stains on the floor, probably vomit and definitely not blood, told me it hadn't been altogether pleasant.


Now I can't quite get that image out of my head, all the towell wrapped figures in a pile, their naked legs. Dreaming of a hell that is reality for too many people out there.

How messed up is that?

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:41 PM

    this made me think of ww2 and the goebbels children, what could happen you say? have a looksie around.. oh the horror :\

    ReplyDelete
  2. What happens in the world today makes you want to kill yourself?

    ReplyDelete


Please leave your name in the dropdown box.