Wednesday, March 16, 2005

You never know... 'Anything' just happened

I should have written this a while ago...

The thing is.... I believe I'm in love.

Yup. That's right. And with a guy! Who would ever have thought??

He sent me an email six months ago and we finally met last Wednesday. If you want the whole story, here it is:

He said he was coming to Norway in February, spending a few weeks here for work. What is Norway like? Tell me about the people, how do they feel towards Americans? I talked, he listened. Then he talked and I listened. And we kept talking and listening to each other pretty much until February came.

Last Wednesday I flew to Trondheim after finally having got to book the tickets, planes, hotel, when does that bus leave?? The bus left alright, only I wasn't on it. And no, I wasn't late, it was late and I called a cab. Anyway, I got there. I was told I could check in early but when I came, I couldn't. So I spent a couple of hours walking around the city before going back to the hotel.

The girl at the front desk said some Americans had been there looking for me and could that be correct? Yeah, it was... They had gone to the pub and she thought they were still there. I went up to my room and suddenly I got all nervous. Then I got a little bit more nervous. I thought I'd go down to the pub and was on my way when I noticed that the doors of the other floors were locked; could these be the right stairs? I went up one floor and suddenly heard someone knock on a door. I don't know why but I just felt it was someone knocking on my door and since I was on that floor, I looked to see if someone was there.

And there he was - funny haircut and all - standing outside my door. Michael, the guy I'd been talking to for such a long time, and he was real!

We went down to the pub and I met his friends, seven of them. They were the funniest, smartest, nicest bunch of guys I've ever met. It was an interesting day - we spent it walking around Trondheim, seeing the sights, looking for restaurants that had turned into 7-Elevens. It was a great day. I didn't want to go to sleep that night.

And the next morning he left and now I miss him. I'm always in control of my feelings, I can tell myself how to feel but I just catch myself thinking "I wish he were here right now, that he could see this and know what my world is like". I can't control all of my feelings anymore. And that feels great.



I don't know when I'll get to see you again, but I hope it will be soon. I should have written this days ago but I just didn't know how to. I miss you. And now you're real, I'm 'allowed' to feel what I'm feeling, it's ok and it's not silly anymore. Surreal maybe, but not silly.



And that's the story... There was so much more, moments, images, words I'll never forget... Great couple of days. Cute city. Cute guy.

Simply gorgeous!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:33 AM

    Annie Oakley I am so very happy for you, I hope he does come back to make you forever happy.It makes me sad but happy. Be good missy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:46 AM

    He'll be back...

    ReplyDelete


Please leave your name in the dropdown box.