Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Christmas Allergies

Merry Christmas everyone!

This Christmas is picture perfect, it looks like Winter Wonderland outside - just like I remember from when I was a kid - a nice change from the rain we've had the past ten years.

I have also discovered I have an allergy. It only seems fair - everybody else seems to have them, no wonder I got one too. I'm allergic to kids.

It makes perfect sense. I'm very rarely sick, and when I am it's just a cold that passes in a few days. But these past few months I seem to only have short breaks between colds - they go on for ever. And the only change? - Kids. I'm obviously allergic.

It truly does suck to have been halfway woozy, have no energy, and worst of all - no sense of taste or smell, for a week now. I know I whine about that every time I get sick but I can't help it! It's the worst thing there is. Imagine a world without taste!

I've been cleaning, cooking, baking, sewing, polishing, decorating and dusting for weeks now, somehow it doesn't seem quite fair that this should be my reward...

I guess my reward is everyone else seems to be enjoying the holidays, and with a turkey in the oven and stuffing in the making it's really not all bad after all :)

1 comment:

  1. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you! :)

    I am sorry to hear you've been having repetitive colds. I suggest 2 radical cures: (1) Ginger infusions + honey for a few days. or (2) 2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar, 3 times a day.

    Be careful, though. Ginger does enhance libido. :p

    Hugs to ya!

    ReplyDelete


Please leave your name in the dropdown box.